The New York Academy has identified specific goals which will facilitate the accomplishment of its stated mission. They include:
- Promoting the highest ethical standards for the practice of dentistry by holding its fellowship to a strict code of ethics and, simultaneously, developing educational programs relevant to professional ethics in local dental schools and professional organizations.
- Assembling the fellowship for lectures to disseminate cutting-edge scientific information relevant to current developments in clinical practice.
- Encouraging the fellowship toward service to the profession and the community at large.
- Nominating to Associate Fellowship only those candidates who best exemplify the qualities of service, professionalism, and ethical practice that are consistent with the mission of the Academy.
- Elevating to Fellowship those Associate Fellows who demonstrate continued professional growth through service to dentistry and their communities.